Scientists working at every career stage and in every part of the pharmaceutical community, including academia, industry, and regulatory, will come together to discuss drug transport as it relates to drug discovery and development, drug safety, drug delivery, ADME, and PK/PD in April.
Participants will hear case studies from experts conducting cutting-edge research and explore the current perspectives of regulatory agencies. Participation will improve their application of transporter information to drug discovery, development, and safety in their own work.
Participants attending this workshop will:
- Understand drug transporter concepts as they relate to drug discovery, development, safety, and delivery
- Discuss recent advances in transporter IVIVE
- Describe drug transporter in non-traditional tissues and barriers
- Describe the PK impact of transporter alterations due to age and disease
- Understand regulatory perspectives on the new DDI guidance
Melanie Felmlee, Ph.D., University of the Pacific (Chair)
Bridget Morse, Ph.D., Lilly (Vice Chair)
Jacqueline Bezencon, Ph.D., University of North Carolina
Matt Harwood, Ph.D., Certara
Xinning Yang, Ph.D., FDA
Xiaoyan Chu, Ph.D., Merck
Hong Shen, Ph.D., BMS
Marilyn Morris Ph.D., University at Buffalo