May 17, 2023
TIME: 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Speaker: Joanne Kamens, Ph.D.
Moderators: Lakshmi Amaravadi, Ph.D., Sanjeev Bhardwaj, Ph.D.
Description: In this perfect storm of the #MeToo, #BlackLivesMatter and COVID's #GreatResignation movements, the need for organizations to finally genuinely address the inclusivity of their cultures is undeniable. A new way of the workplace is necessary to find, hire and retain a company's most important resource, its people. The mountain seems high. Where should we start? Join us to explore three important avenues to this work: implementing DEI strategies for leaders and organizations, the importance of managers in bringing inclusive aspirations to life and the role of individuals in the workplace and the world.
- Understand responsibilities and best practices for organizational leaders in establishing an inclusive workplace culture.
- Learn specific workplace benefits, actions and tactics for inclusive people management.
- Become aware of Individual opportunities to address bias and contribute to a more equitable and inclusive world.
TIME: 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Speaker: Steffi Pluschkell, Ph.D.
Moderator: Ivelisse Colon-Rivera, Ph.D.
Most of us have at best an ambivalent attitude towards giving feedback to others and receiving feedback for ourselves. The simple thought of feedback, mixed with memories of prior experience, can trigger an emotional response in us that can diminish the value that feedback could principally provide. This session is intended to ground us in a dispassionate definition of feedback, not as judgment but as discernment of what is – and can change on the basis of conscious choice. We will cover the reasons and responsibilities for giving feedback as a manager and how to do so skillfully with the purpose of learning and growth. Furthermore, the importance of inviting feedback to advance your career and management skills will be addressed.
- Learn how to provide feedback with the purpose of learning and growth.
- Improve the effectiveness of your feedback discussions through better understanding of how they are impacted by fundamental human needs and behaviors.
- Discover how to receive and invite feedback to advance your career and management skills.