Chapter Information | Events and Activities
The mission of the AAPS-University of Connecticut (UCONN) student chapter is to increase student participation in the activities of AAPS at the local and national levels. We maintain to provide beneficial information to fellow students and faculty members by holding events that promote awareness about career opportunities and innovative research.
AAPS-UCONN student chapter is a very active in that we provide professional development, leadership skills, and outreach opportunities. The chapter is open to all undergraduate and graduate students, post-doctoral fellows and faculty at UCONN.
Throughout the academic year, we hold many events such as seminars, professional development/leadership sessions, to promote AAPS and our student chapter. We also strive to help the local community by participating in outreach programs to promote pharmaceutical research at all levels of education. Additionally, the chapter encourages all students, post-docs, and faculty members to attend the annual AAPS conference and regional conferences. An online platform provided by UCONN (UCONNTACT) is used to update meeting minutes, post upcoming events/activities, post photos from events, and keep everyone up-to-date with other information that pertains to the student chapter. An AAPS-UCONN chapter newsletter is produced throughout the year.
Back to top
- September 19, 2016: AAPS Fall Welcome Lunch
- October 31, 2016: Coffee Hour - Welcome back
- November 18, 2016: Thanksgiving food drive
- November 21, 2016: Holiday Potluck Lunch
- December 6, 2016: Christmas Holiday Party
- December 9, 2016: Lunch and Seminar - External
- December 16, 2016: AAPS-UCONN T-shirt Design
- February 2017: Grant Writing Workshop & Coffee Hour - Industry
- March 2017: Coffee Hour - Industry
- April 2017: Four Arrows Ropes Challenge
Course & Industry Visit
- May 11, 2017: AAPS elections
- May 2017: AAPS 6th annual symposium
- July - August 2017: Community Outreach: High
School ConnCAP, Summer BBQ & Lab Olympics
Back to top