Chapter Information | Events and Activities
The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists
(AAPS) – National University of Singapore (NUS) Student Chapter is a non-profit
student organization that was set up in 2005. The AAPS-NUS Student Chapter aims
to facilitate local student participation in the activities of AAPS and
increase student awareness of career opportunities and latest advances and
discoveries in the pharmaceutical sciences, as well as provide interested
students in the pharmaceutical sciences with opportunities for professional and
All majors in pharmacy, pharmacology, biochemistry,
biology, bioengineering and other life sciences are welcome to join the
AAPS-NUS Student Chapter. The AAPS-NUS Student Chapter membership is open to
students and postdoctoral scholars in Singapore and other countries.
Our vision lies in line with that of the parent AAPS society:
- Increase student participation in the activities of AAPS at the local regional & national levels;
- Increase student awareness of career opportunities in the pharmaceutical sciences;
- Increase student awareness of the latest advances & discoveries in the pharmaceutical sciences;
- Provide educational opportunities for students in the pharmaceutical sciences to learn about all aspects of drug development;
- Provide students in the pharmaceutical sciences with opportunities for professional advancement & leadership development; and
- Foster participation in outreach activities that further the goals and objectives of AAPS.
Find out more about the National University of Singapore student chapter on their website.
Back to top
Events and Activities
Proposed activities for the year 2015–2016
- October 2015: Chapter meeting and poster presentation by AAPS-NUS members at the 2015 AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition in Orlando, Fla.
- November 2015: Career Guidance Session
- January 2016: Industrial site visit
- April 2016: 11th PharmSci@Asia Symposium
Back to top