About the Journal | Why Publish in AAPS Open? | Submit Your Paper
Launched in September 2015, AAPS Open (eISSN 2364-9534) provides a global forum for the rapid and barrier-free publication of reports of original research and other significant scientific work across the breadth of pharmaceutical sciences. This open access journal is freely available to anyone with Web access and is funded by author publication charges on manuscripts accepted for publication.
Meet the Editor-in-Chief
AAPS Open is a fully peer-reviewed journal led by Christopher M. Riley, Ph.D., and an editorial board of well-qualified researchers. Visit AAPS Open to read Riley’s inaugural editorial. Learn more about Riley and his vision for the journal through this short video.
About the Journal
The journal is open to all submissions and publishes manuscripts from across the field that are technically sound. Although a high degree of innovation is not required for publication, it is welcome. Authors pay publication charges only for accepted manuscripts.
The author publication charge is $2,500. AAPS members pay a discounted publication charge of $2,200 and should visit the AAPS Open member discount page (AAPS login required) to get their discount code before submitting to AAPS Open. Authors from institutions that participate in the SpringerOpen membership will also pay discounted publication charges. Authors from certain low-income countries will have their publication charge waived. Authors frequently pay publication charges from grant funds, from library funds, from institution accounts, or from corporate funds.
AAPS Open is published by Springer Science+Business Media on the same online platform as the other three AAPS journals. Authors retain copyright via a Creative Commons license and license Springer the right to publish their article.
Back to top
Why Publish in AAPS Open?
- Get Peer Review by AAPS. AAPS is the premier organization of all scientists dedicated to the discovery, development, and manufacture of pharmaceutical products and therapies through advances in science and technology, and its AAPS Open editors and reviewers vet all submissions.
- Get Fast Peer Review. AAPS Open seeks to provide a first decision on manuscripts within 10 days of submission.
- Get Fast Publication. AAPS Open publishes continuously, not in issues, and seeks to publish each article within 3 weeks of acceptance.
- Retain Copyright. AAPS Open authors retain copyright on their work, while licensing the right to publish the work through a Creative Commons license.
- Get Maximum Access to Your Research. AAPS Open is freely available to everyone online and will be indexed by all major search engines. Inclusion in both PubMed and in the Web of Science will be sought, and positive decisions result in retroactive inclusion of all AAPS Open articles.
Back to top
Submit Your Paper
Visit the AAPS Open submission website to learn more about submitting a manuscript.
Back to top
More questions about AAPS Open? Read the frequently asked questions.