The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) is a professional, scientific association of approximately 11,000 members employed in industry, academia, government, and other research institutes worldwide. Founded in 1986, AAPS provides a dynamic international forum for the exchange of knowledge among scientists to enhance their contributions to public health. AAPS offers timely scientific programs, ongoing education, information resources, opportunities for networking, and professional development.
The purpose of AAPS is to serve its membership, the pharmaceutical sciences, the biomedical and biotechnological community, the health professions, and the interest of public health. This is accomplished by providing open forums for the exchange and dissemination of scientific knowledge; by fostering the education and career growth of members and recognizing individual achievement; by influencing the formation of public policy relevant to health and related issues of public concern; and by promoting the pharmaceutical sciences as they relate to health issues of public concern. Through its Annual Meeting and Exposition, its conferences, workshops, and symposia; its print and online publications; and other online initiatives, AAPS continues to offer vital benefits to the pharmaceutical scientists who constitute its membership.
Recognizing that modern science is conducted in an integrated fashion comprising many disciplines, AAPS seeks to foster the integration of those sciences related to discovery, design, analysis, development, production, quality control, safety, clinical evaluation, regulation, distribution, and utilization of drugs and drug delivery systems. Thus, AAPS should serve as the primary focus and forum for interest in these disciplines.
AAPS will be the premier organization of all scientists dedicated to the discovery, development, and manufacture of pharmaceutical products and therapies through advances in science and technology.
AAPS provides a dynamic international forum for the exchange of knowledge among scientists to enhance their contributions to health. We offer timely scientific programs, ongoing education, opportunities for networking, and professional development.
- Communication—AAPS is committed to effective communication throughout the association, with other organizations, and with the public.
- Inclusiveness—AAPS values diversity in its membership and scientific disciplines and promotes inclusiveness.
- Innovation—AAPS is committed to innovation in science and technology.
- Integrity—AAPS is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Member Focus—AAPS is an organization driven by its members' needs.
- Member Involvement—AAPS supports and encourages the active participation of all its members.
- Professional Development—AAPS values professional development through networking, mentoring, education, and scientific exchange.
- Quality—AAPS is committed to promoting quality science and offering quality programming, publications, and other services to its members, the scientific community, and the public.