The vision of the AAPS Pharmacometrics focus group is to advance the discipline of Pharmacometrics by promoting the integration of quantitative pharmacometric principles in the drug discovery and development process.
The mission of the Pharmacometrics focus group is to promote, through education and scientific programming, the understanding and application of quantitative concepts of pharmacometrics in the discovery, development, regulatory approval, and market utilization of therapeutic agents. The focus group provides an inter-disciplinary forum for scientists and trainees with an interest in pharmacometrics to collaborate, learn, educate, and innovate, thereby facilitating increased application and greater impact of pharmacometrics in the drug development process.
Goals & Objectives
- Provide a continuous stream of programming proposals for the AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition and the National Biotechnology Conference, as well as other educational events, related to the application of pharmacometrics and its impact on drug development.
- Facilitate an interdisciplinary exchange of pharmacometrics related topics and discussions with members from AAPS sections such as CPTR, PPDM, PPB, and FDD.
- Provide a scientific platform for collaboration and innovation in pharmacometric research (both applied and methodological) for scientists within and outside of AAPS, using tools such as webinars.
- Increase awareness of the utility and impact of model-based approaches in quantitative decision making at all stages of drug development, including early discovery, preclinical development, product formulation, clinical development, and market utilization.
- Create a forum where members from regulatory, industry, and academia can discuss common standards and requirements for the application of modeling & simulation analysis tools, and their validation/qualification.
Section affiliations: CPTR | PPDM