The Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) Manufacturing Technology focus group benefits pharmaceutical scientists, engineers, and regulatory colleagues by providing a forum to discuss issues related to the manufacture of API. This focus group is beneficial to chemists, engineers, and plant professionals who support API manufacturing and discussion topics include right first time/lean manufacturing, advanced process controls, solvent recovery and disposal, green chemistry, continuous processing, particle engineering, technology related to crystallization, filtration, drying and milling, process analytical technology, and Quality-by-Design.
- Establish a core group of colleagues from cross functional disciplines to discuss technical and regulatory issues related to API manufacturing.
- Identify most critical issues in API manufacturing and develop plans to address them.
- Maintain a forum, share experiences, and communicate key lessons learned.
- Submit programming ideas for AAPS meetings.
- Support other focus groups and facilitate workshops or symposia.
Section affiliations: APQ | MSE | RS